Thursday, August 23, 2012

Aaaaand I'm Back!.... to Leatherneck.

Alright so it's been about 4 months since I last posted anything on here due to me being on a smaller base for since the end of March. I'm now back in Leatherneck and the amenities are pretty nice; I've got WiFi, A/C (that actually works), a full chow hall that is open 4 meals a day (no more MREs for me), and the gym's equipment all works! The only down side to working here is having to deal with the complaints and all the rules that occur on this base, such as: you have to bring two pairs of shoes to the gym because they don't want dirt tracked into the gym (come on guys, we're in Afghanistan...), and I LOVE hearing people complain when the internet goes down or when the chow hall has horrible food, it makes me laugh and then I tell them to try living on MREs for months on end. It's also nice not living in the same building that I work in, so I can actually escape to my little private area to relax from the days work and catch some solid sleep. Well here's some pictures from back at my older bases, hope you enjoy them :-)

 You'll notice that this uniform is a bit different, it's our flame retardant uniforms we wear sometimes.


 Kickin it at sunset inside a hand sewn hammock!


 Rolling in hard.


 These things turn the whole base into a dust storm EVERY TIME!


 Nothing but fun fun fun here :-)


  
Some one had a bad day

3 comments:

  1. Cool pictures!!! Can't wait to see more of them :) Glad you're enjoying "The Ritz" of Afghanistan :) Miss you lots, and I can't wait to hear more!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoooooo! Another step closer to home :) We'll feel much better when you have safely landed on good 'ol U.S.A. soil once again :)Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures...and the stories behind each one. At least you had a room with a view. Now you're stuck in some drab airconditioned WiFi enablede little corner?! Looking at those cannons you have grown, seems all that junk food I sent made up for the MRE diet you were stuck with! ;) Miss you more than you know......Love Mom and Bill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sure missed your blogs, you really convey a great image of your base and the pics are real eye-openers...We are all looking forward to your visit and just be able to see and hug you again...I think your mom is right..junk food and MRE's and you too can look like this ;)
    Keep up the postings as you can and stay alert..
    Love, Dad and Alice

    ReplyDelete